Renew your License
Online Considerations for All Users
- Your name cannot have changed since the issuance of your last permit, license or State ID Card (Document).
- Your physical description cannot have changed significantly.
The photo and physical description from your current document will be used on your new document.
- You are able to renew your documents online only once every 10 years.
- Other exceptions may apply, check the FAQs to find out what those are.
You can obtain a School Permit (SCP) online if you:
- Have held a School Learner's Permit, Learner's Permit or combination for at least two months,
- Are at least 14 years and two months old and under age 16 years and 3 months old and
- Meet eligibility requirements for a School Permit.
You can obtain a Provisional Operator's Permit (POP) online if you:
- Have held a School Learner's Permit, Learner's Permit, School Permit or combination for at least six months,
- Hold a School Permit or have completed a DMV-approved driver safety course, and
- Are at least 60 days from your 16th birthday and under age 18.
Note: This document will NOT be produced until the day of your 16th birthday.
You can obtain a Class O license if you:
- Have held your Provisional Operator's Permit for at least 12 months,
- Are at least 17 years old and
- Have not accumulated three or more points on your driving record during the previous 12 month period.
Note: If you are 18 years of age or older, you must have held a Provisional Operator's Permit (POP).
You can renew your license online 10 days prior to your 21st birthday.
You can renew your Class O (car) license, Class M (motorcycle) or State ID Card online if you:
- Have a license expiring prior to your 72nd birthday.
Note: The maximum age requirement does not pertain to State ID Card holders.
You can obtain an Ignition Interlock Permit online if you:
- Have been authorized to do so by the Financial Responsibility Division of the DMV and
- Have held a valid Nebraska license within the last 12 months.
You can obtain a replacement online if you hold a Class O (car), Class M (motorcycle), IIP (Ignition Interlock Permit) or State ID Card online if you:
- Have not obtained more than two replacements online within the last five years.
To complete your request, you will need the following items:
- Checking account information or a MasterCard, Visa or Discover Credit Card
- A valid e-mail address and telephone number
- If changing your address, provide two documents from the approved list for uploading
Please allow 20 days for receipt of your permit, license or State ID Card.
The final transaction total includes the statutory agency fees (security charge & document fee) as well as the vendor's fee to operate this online service.