What is the Governor's Excellence in Wellness Award?
This award was created to encourage all businesses in Nebraska to offer wellness and health programs for their employees. More Information and Award Timeline
What are the different award levels?
- The Small Company Sower Award for businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
View Small Sower Award Level Criteria
- The Small Company Grower Award for businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
View Small Grower Award Level Criteria
- The Large Company Sower Award for businesses with 50 or more employees.
View Large Sower Award Level Criteria
- The Large Company Grower Award for businesses with 50 or more employees.
View Large Grower Award Level Criteria
The Sower Award is intended to be a stepping-stone to the Grower Award. All award criteria are based on sound research and best practice models. As with agriculture, worksite wellness is an evolutionary process. There is always room for growth and change. The Sower Award plants the seed for wellness. The Grower Award rewards businesses for changing health behaviors. National awards are available for those that choose to take their wellness program to a higher level. Businesses that have achieved national recognition are often harvesting financial return on investment. The Governor's Award has been developed to begin the process of planting, growing, and harvesting a quality worksite wellness program. Special award criteria have been created for very small businesses with limited human and financial resources. Criteria to recognize large businesses and their vast array of services were taken into consideration for this award.
What is the cost to apply?
There is no cost to apply.
How and when will our company be recognized?
- Award letters are sent to recipients mid-August each year.
- A press release comes directly from the Governor's office to all newspapers in the state.
- If your company would like to issue a release it must do so after the Governor's official release.
- All award recipients will receive a framed certificate at one of the three award luncheons in September and October each year.
- WorkWell will connect with all winners to determine award luncheon preferences.
How long will my certification be valid?
Your award is valid for three years, at which time you can reapply.
Who can I contact to find out more information about the application process or wellness programs for my employees?
Contact: Lisa Henning
WorkWell/Nebraska Safety Council
402-483-2511 ext. 102