- Screen Layout
- Text boxes with an asterisk(*) are required information fields
- To the right of each web page, the corresponding paper application questions will be
available for your reference. It is recommended that you review the paper application form, to
use as a guide, before proceeding with completing the online application.
- Do Not use your Browser's " Back" or "Forward" buttons to
navigate between pages or the data entered may be lost. You will have the opportunity to edit
your entered information before submitting the completed form.
- At the bottom of each page there will be an option to continue to the next page or reset
the page. If any portion of the required information for that page has been omitted, a dialog
box will appear to refer you back to the missing information.
- A screen resolution of 800x600 or greater is recommended.
- On-Line Help
- Leave your mouse cursor over an area for help and tips for that section
- At the bottom of each page, you can click a link to access the Checklist Help
- Reviewing Completed Application
- You will be allowed, before entering the credit card fee information, to edit and review your
entered information. Make any necessary changes then click on the final submit
- Attached files, once uploaded, cannot be changed!!. If you feel that you have
attached an incorrect file, please contact our office. These items may also be mailed
separately, faxed, personally delivered, emailed or submitted by upload with the online
When additional information is submitted separately, you will need to indicate, if applicable, the application question you are referencing, as well as your name, address and telephone number.
- For assistance in creating ZIP files for your uploads, please review the Zip File Guide.
- License Type
- Real Estate Salesperson - With this type of license, the licensee is permitted to
engage in all phases of real estate business, if employed by and under the direct
supervision of a licensed broker at all times.
- Real Estate Broker - With this type of license, the licensee is permitted to engage
in all phases of the real estate business either independently, as a self-employed broker,
or as an associate broker employed by and under the direct supervision of a
licensed broker at all times.
- By Licensure Recognition (Reciprocity) - Persons holding a real estate license, in good
standing, in another real estate regulatory jurisdiction may be issued an equivalent real
estate license in Nebraska while remaining a nonresident of Nebraska or upon moving to
Nebraska directly from the jurisdiction in which the real estate license was held,
without examination or submitting of statutory education.
Nonresident Self-Employed Brokers must do business in the same name and under the same arrangements they use in their resident real estate
regulatory jurisdiction. A checklist for the specific forms needed based on the manner of business can be found on our website at
www.nrec.ne.gov/licensing-forms/nonresappinstructs.html. These forms may be submitted separately as an attachment via e-mail to
email@example.com in the following formats only: Word, JPEG, or PDF and two (2) megabytes or smaller. It may also be
personally delivered, mailed, or faxed to our office at (402) 471-4492.
- Printing Application
- After submitting your credit card information, you will have the option to print a copy of your
online application. Check your printer setting and be ready to print a copy of the final
submitted application form.
- It is recommended that you keep a copy of your online application form. Once received in
our office, it will be reviewed for completeness. If there is any missing information you will
be contacted for this data and may need to refer to the corresponding question.